Valley of the Latte Culture Camp 2021
The Valley of the Latte is proud to announce the start of our CULTURE CAMP!
Get Your CAMPERS ready for the Culture Camp Series 2021
For additional questions, please email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get ready for an adventure like no other—at the Valley of the Latte's Culture Camp! In our summer adventures, campers get outside to explore habitats, discover wildlife, connect with friends, and create new memories. Led by experienced educators, campers learn about our island's history, beauty, and culture in the unique and magical setting of the Valley. Campers will have an amazing amount of fun participating in great workshops and activities throughout their Culture Camp Days!
Campers will learn:
- how to create both practical and beautifully decorative woven items from Coconut leaves, Pago Fiber, and Akgak. Campers will learn how to identify leaves for weaving, understand the differences and the different uses of each type, and connect it all with the rich cultural heritage of our people.
- how to select, husk and prep freshly picked Coconuts for Coconut Candy making and other uses of the Coconut.
- how to care for the local wildlife and how to become an ally of wildlife conservation. Campers will learn about the historical and cultural significance of our island's animal life while they care for and feed the animals every day.
- how to carefully explore the beautiful surrounding areas and leave only footprints. Campers will engage in basic hiking safety and best practices, learn about the cultural significance of the local area, and embark on guided hikes through the valley while carefully documenting their environments. An ecologically friendly tour is a great benefit after being couped up this past year.
- how to carefully Kayak with basic kayaking safety, lessons on paddling, steering, and navigation. Campers will truly be amazed as they embark on guided tours over the calm and cool waters of the only navigable riverways on the island.
We will be offering Saturday Sessions - Starting September 18th and ending on October 16th. You can register your Camper for all 5 days or select the day camp session that best fits your camper's schedules and interests.
- September 18th: River Fishing
- September 25th: Adventure Kayaking
- October 2nd: Coconut Leaf Weaving
- October 9th: Animal Care
- October 16th: Coconut Husking, Grating, & Making of Coconut Product (Oil & Candy).
The safety of our campers, staff, plants, and animals continues to be our top priority. We have implemented safety protocols aligned with guidelines provided by the CDC and local Public Health Authorities. All staff and campers are required to follow the recommended guidelines. The Valley of the Latte is also Guam Safe Certified! Guam Safe Certified is the official Guam designation that says the Valley of the Latte takes care and pride in following government and industry pandemic guidelines.
Space is limited, so don't miss out on this great outdoor cultural adventure experience!
We’re looking forward to welcoming our campers back to the great outdoors!
*Activities are subject to change based on weather and other environmental conditions.
*Must book 2 weeks prior to desired Summer Camp Session.
We are Guam Safe Certified & always ready to help you enjoy your next outdoor cultural adventure!
Guam Safe Certified is the official Guam designation that says this establishment takes care and pride in following government and industry pandemic guidelines.
The Safe Travels stamp is the world’s first-ever global safety and hygiene stamp for Travel & Tourism, designed specifically to address COVID-19 and similar outbreaks. The stamp will allow travelers and other Travel & Tourism stakeholders to recognize destination authorities and companies around the world that have implemented health and hygiene protocols that are aligned with WTTC’s Safe Travels Protocols. The global protocols were developed in collaboration with WTTC Members, leading industry associations & international organizations. They take into account the current guidelines of the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Safety, Paddling, Steering, and Navigation.
Weaving Hats, Mats, Tools, and other decorative items.
Learning all the uses of the Coconut and how to make Coconut Candy!
Caring for the animals every day!
Explore the great outdoors and leave only footprints!
Learn about sustainable agricultural practices and plant your very own seeds.
$225 per Camper for all 5 Saturdays OR $55 per Camper per Saturday Session | 25 Campers per session max | Age Range 7 to 13
Saturday Culture Camp Hours
9:00 AM to 1:00 PM
Coconut Leaf Weaving
Coconut Husking, Grating, & Making of Coconut Product (Oil & Candy).
Safety Procedures & Protocols
- Your Temperature will be checked upon signing in.
- Please Sanitize your hands before signing in.
- When possible, maintain a 6 ft. distance between yourself and others.
- Keep your face mask on at all times.
- Ensure your child's bag is complete with the items needed for the day
- Reuseable Water Bottle to refill and stay hydrated
- Sunscreen to protect your skin from the sun
- Snacks to keep the energy high
- Bring masks and extra clothes for safety
- Don't forget bug spray