Safety Guidelines for Guam's #1 Outdoor Cultural Adventure Tour Experience
You will be able to enjoy the great outdoors, thousands of years of history, and the beautiful backdrop and wide-open spaces of southern Guam. As always the safety of every guest, our team, and our island is our top priority.
As we rediscover unique & magical Adventures, it is important to take the right precautions to ensure a wonderful and safe experience for all guests. Here are a few of the things you should know before joining us at the Valley of the Latte Cultural Adventure Tour.
As we have waited for a return to Adventure, we have made updates based on guidance from health authorities, such as the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, appropriate Government Agencies, and Industry based guidance for promoting the health and safety of all travelers.
The changes we have made are designed to promote:
- Physical Distancing
- Reduced Contact
- Our strategy has included operational changes, new employee practices, and the re-imagineering of high-traffic public spaces.
We have included best practices, such as, but not limited to:
- Reinforcing of Hand Hygiene which can decrease the risk of transmission of respiratory viruses by 50%;
- Utilizing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as masks and gloves;
- Installing physical barriers, such as transparent screens to provide proper separation between customers and employees;
- Encouraging Physical Distancing by posting new signage to ensure proper separation in lines and common areas, discouraging congregating in crowded areas, re-configuring public spaces, or limiting the number of employees and customers in various areas;
- Thinking creatively to limit staff physical contact with customers where practical, while still delivering superior service.
- Educating both employees and guests about their shared responsibility to help protect each other in a COVID-19 environment.
- Additional information on Industry Guidance can be found at www.GuamRecovery.com.
things may be slightly different then when you last visited us, but we will work together to ensure a safe return to adventure while we create lifelong, magical memories.
Things you should know before joining us at the Valley of the Latte
Upon arrival at the Valley of the Latte Cultural Adventure Center, you may undergo a temperature screening with no-touch thermometers.
Based on guidance from health authorities, anyone displaying a temperature of 98.6 F (37 C) or above will be directed to an additional location for re-screening and assistance. Those with temperatures of 100.4 F or above will not be allowed entry; those in their party will not be allowed entry either.
Before you leave home, be sure to check the temperatures of everyone in your party, including yourself, as an extra layer of precaution.
Here are the top things you should know as you prepare for your Outdoor Cultural Adventure Tour and Experience:
- To enter the Cultural Adventure Park, you must have a pre-purchased reservation for the same date.
- Face Coverings are required for all Guests (Ages 2 and up) and Staff; temperature screenings are required.
- Some experiences, such as the Adventure River Cruise, may be modified to allow for physical distancing and limited contact.
As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, details of our changes may also evolve, so please be sure to check this page often.
All admissions must be pre-purchased online to help provide a contact-less experience. Simply purchase your tour online and show a copy of your receipt on your mobile device upon arrival.
All Guests ages 2 and up, including Staff and Team Members, are required to wear face coverings when visiting the Valley of the Latte. Please bring your own face coverings and wear them at all times, except when dining.
All face coverings:
- Fully cover an individual’s nose and mouth and allow the Guest to remain hands-free.
- Fit snugly, but comfortably against the side of the face.
- Be secured with ties or ear loops.
- Be made of breathable material, either disposable or reusable.
- All Fabric Face Coverings must have 3 layers. The use of face coverings is never a substitute for physical distancing.
Upon entering the Valley of the Latte through our Gift Shop:
- Participate in Temperature Check
- Wear a Mask at all times
- Maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from other guests
- Maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from other guests
- Sanitize your hands at the Gift Shop Cashier Counter
- Please have your Entry Receipt ready for presentation to our Guest Relations Officers
Our Guest Relations Officers will guide you to the correct waiting location for your specific tour: Adventure River Cruise, Paddle Boarding, or Adventure Kayaking Tour.
We have implemented the guidelines as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and our local Public Health Authorities to ensure we are utilizing the absolute best practices for our safe re-opening. We were also fortunate to have local medical doctors and professionals, who are part of Guam’s Pandemic Response Team, do a walk-through and share what would be important to prepare our facilities for re-opening. The Doctors have recognized that the Valley of the Latte tour is an ideal tour, since it is outdoors in the open air, which will help mitigate the spread of any virus, so long as social distancing and proper hygienic practices are observed.
5 Major Additions to our Facility to improve guest hygiene and safety are:
- Ensuring all staff and associates are healthy, wearing masks at all times, and are trained with best practices adopted by our industry partners.
- Installation of sanitation stations and hand sanitizers at multiple locations, for easy guest access.
- Installation of proper hand washing stations, in areas, where guests may gather.
- Installation of air mover blower fans to improve are circulation in semi-covered areas.
- Limiting the number of guests on our Riverboats, Kayaking, and Paddle Boarding tours to ensure proper social distancing.
We are ready and looking forward to welcoming you to the Valley of the Latte, Guam’s historic and cultural adventure tour.
Let's Go On a Safe & Wonderous Adventure!
We have taken enhance health and safety measure — for you, our other Guests, our Staff, and our Island. You must follow all posted instructions while visiting the Valley of the Latte Cultural Adventure Park.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the CDC, senior citizens and Guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable.
By visiting the Valley of the Latte Cultural Adventure Park, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.